Advanced A is our first Development Squad for swimmers after leaving Learn to Swim. In this squad swimmers will develop efficient technique, swim skills and begin to build up endurance levels and basic competitive skills such as competitive turns. Swimmers in this squad swim twice a week in King Charles I School Pool and become eligible for entering our Club Championships and also ASA Licensed Open Meets including our own Wyre Forest Christmas County Qualifier held in December of each year. Swimmers in this squad will then move into Advanced B.
The targeted competitions for this squad can be found here.
All swimmers in this squad are encouraged to enter at least 2 races in the Club Championships held in the autumn.
ASA Key Stages
The ASA Stages 6 and 7 are taught in this Squad.
Teachers and Coaches
Advanced A is led by Brian McGuiness.
All swimmers ideally should be in posession of:
- A blank WFSC Swim Hat
- A named WFSC Swim Hat (can be obtained from the Club Shop)
- Two pairs of Goggles (one spare)
- Proper swimming trunks or costume, no baggy shorts.
- A pullbuoy
- A kick board
All swimmers should be on poolside ready to begin training at the designated squad times with hat on, goggle on, ready for instructions by the teacher or coach. The Swimmer's Code of Conduct can be found here.
Parents are encouraged to stay and watch their swimmers in this group as the swimmers tend to be younger and may be a little nervous. The teacher or coach may approach you for help in dealing with any issues, goggle, hat etc, but please do not do the following:
- Go up to poolside to speak to your child without first speaking to the teacher or coach.
- Attempt to teach/coach your child from poolside yourself. If you wish to help out teaching and coaching please speak to us first.
- Distract the teacher or coach by attempting to engage them in conversation about your swimmer(s) during the lesson.
If you have specific questions or wish to discuss your child's progress, please wait until after the session to arrange a mutually agreeable time and place. The Parent's Code of Conduct can be found here.